Monday, June 13, 2011

Thank you!

Thank you Hawk for thinking of us when giving out the Inspiration Award! Sometimes it still amazes me that people read, and enjoy, the blog. It makes my day every time we get a new comment or a new follower, and the one time I was recognized by someone at a flyball event who was a reader of my blog was pretty darn awesome. To be thought of as an inspiration to anyone, for any reason, is pretty neat, but for a blogger like Hawk to send this my way makes me smile, and send a big thank you back to him!



Now, to fulfill the obligation of accepting such an awesome award, I have to do one of the hardest things ever: choose just 10 blogs that inspire me to send this award on to.

(To make things a little easier for me, I made a point of picking different blogs than I passed on the Versitile Blogger Award to in May, not because those blogs don't inspire me as well, but because I have to choose somehow.)

After much debating, here is the list, in no particular order (or possibly alphabetically....):

1. BZ Training- For inspiring me with the amazing pictures posted daily, teaching me more about photography, and for having some very adorable boys.

2. Don't Be a Pit Bully- For loving the breed that has a special place in my heart, and helping to spread the word of how wonderful these dogs really can be.

3. Exercise Finished- For working so hard with your dogs, and more recently, for taking the plunge into a whole new realm of dog training in an attempt to be the single most exciting thing in your dog's life, with or without a cookie.

4. Full Tilt Border Collies- For inspiring me to believe that two dogs is no where near enough, and managing your wonderful pack of stunning Border Collies in such style.

5. Hidden Meadow Farm- For dedicating your life to the preservation of rare and heritage livestock, and for having the most adorable cows I've ever seen.

6. Its A Greyt Day- For a lifelong dedication to a whole herd of amazing greyhounds, and for surviving the Oregon winter rain.

7. Our Wee Farm- For the amazing pictures of farm life and travels. And because you have llamas.

8. Two Grad Students and a Pittie- For taking the time and effort to raise a happy, healthy dog of any breed in a huge city, and for taking on the extra burdens that can come along with owning a pit bull.

9. Whippet Tales- For having a pair of whippets that love each other so much, managing to get non-blurry pictures of whippets running, and for adding to my own sickness of wanting a whippet for myself.

10. Yuki the dog blog- For keeping the fur on that gorgeous dog pure white, and for keeping that pure white fur off of everything else in your house (or at least, the stuff we can see in your pictures).

Grab the badge, pass it on, but make sure to follow these simple rules as you do:

1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded this to you.

2. Link posts by you and ten fellow bloggers that you find inspirational.

3. Forward the award to those ten fellow bloggers


An additional note, is a local artist who is a friend of mine (or at least, a friend of a friend and we've hung out a few times and my dogs like her, so that counts, right?) is offering a painting to each of her first five followers, and with four followers right now, that means one more lucky person will get a painting. Head on over to check out her blog, and her artwork, at Art By Elizabeth.

Pallo actually tried to follow her home when we saw her last Friday. Not unusual in and of itself, except that he wouldn't come back to me at all. He was determined to go home with her. Silly little man.

12 comments:

  1. Wow, what an honor! We will definitely pass on, and check out some blogs you mentioned!! Thanks again!

    We also are following your friend!

    www.twogradstudentsandapittie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the award. We are honored that you thought of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for this award! i've gotta gather my ten for the list ...oh, and since yuki's a miniature schanuzer, she doesn't shed...that's why you don't see any in the pictures...lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. (blush) Why thank you! Looking forward to checking out the others on your list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the award! I am honored!

    Yvonne
    dontbeapitbully.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. gosh! Thank you so much, blushing all over the place here :) It's so lovely when people compliment you like this - I love the blogging world! :)
    Thank you.
    I'm off to check out the others now.
    ✻ ✼ ❄ ❅ ❆ ❇

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! from Bailey and Deva.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And I would take him home with me ... Pallo is soooooo fun and cute! =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the award! You guys deserve it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats on the award and thank you so much for thinking of me,that means allot!!
    I will get working on passing it along.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there. Congratulations on your award. It looks like you all are pretty busy too! Great pictures on your blog, Koira and Pallo look very happy. :-)

    ReplyDelete