Monday, August 5, 2013

More Sights From The Fair

Of course, the entire reason I go to fair every year is to eat an elephant ear. I justify it by telling myself it is a once a year treat!

Benton County Fair and Rodeo 2013-6679
Elephant ears!
And of course, yet more lemonade. I just loved the set up here, and wanted to grab the cotton candy booth in the back ground too.
Benton County Fair and Rodeo 2013-6677
Thirsty?
I don't play any of the games or ride any of the rides anymore. But I do go walk around that part of the fair and take pictures.

Benton County Fair and Rodeo 2013-6694
Leopard butts
The next best part, after the elephant ears, is seeing all the animals. I could probably go see goats any time of the year, but there is something awesome about fair. And goats are such total posers for the camera.

Benton County Fair and Rodeo 2013-6740
Pleading Goat Eyes
Speaking of posing for the camera, this steer kept striking a pose as I was snapping his picture too. He wanted to make sure I was getting his good side.

Benton County Fair and Rodeo 2013-6754
Posing for the camera
Sorry to diappoint, but no cow butts this year at fair! Or well, there were plenty of cow butts, I just didn't take pictures of them. (For those who don't know, apparently one of the most consistent google image searches that leads to my blog is cow butts. Go figure.) However, I do have an awesome picture of a cow tongue!

Benton County Fair and Rodeo 2013-6805
Tongue

5 comments:

  1. I've so enjoyed your pictures of the fair. You really capture the fair spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No cow butts? That's preposterous! We have something similar to elephant ears in Canada. They're called beaver tails, go figure. I do love the picture of the cow tongue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool pictures! Goats & cows are my weakness:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos--especially love the goat, steer, and cow tongue. I haven't been to a fair in years, but don't remember elephant ears. I think I gained five pounds just looking at the picture. ;-)

    Susan and Wrigs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I go for the mini donuts, the funnel cake, the jam scone and the lemonades...and I always hate myself for it after. LOL! Hmmmm...maybe I should add elephant ear to the list.

    ReplyDelete