Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: Merrick Purrfect Bistro

chewy


Chewy.com sent my cats some Merrick Purrfect Bistro canned food to try out this past month. I really like using canned food as treats and rewards for my cats, and I love finding food that makes them go crazy for it. Both of them went totally bonkers for the Purrfect Bistro. My cats tried both the Chicken Pate flavor and the Beef Wellington. They seemed to like the beef a little more than the chicken, but the chicken had a better texture for using in training.


Purrfect Bistro
Photo provided for me by Chewy.com

The ingredients in these foods are things that I am comfortable with my cats eating, with deboned chicken as the first listed ingredient in the chicken flavor. I do think these would be a bit expensive to feed exclusively, but are reasonably priced enough to be good for occasional treats or to use in training or, if you feed dry kibble, for mixing in with the kibbles.

Standing-1863

Theodore Trex really liked this food. I use that little scoop (it is a 1/2 teaspoon measuring spoon) to give rewards while training. Theo just licks off the liquid from the bottom of it for small rewards, or gets to get right into the food in the scoop for a jackpot. Overall, I would highly recommend trying out Merrick's Purrfect Bistro foods if you are looking for something new for your cat. I know I would like to try some of the other flavors for my two in the future.

character-happy-cat
Theo maybe wasn't quite this happy, though...

Speaking of Theo, I thought I'd share an updated photo of him. He is over a year old now and is presumably at his full growth. A lot of photos make it really hard to tell that he is dwarfed, but I thought this one showed his stubby legs pretty good. He is not crouching at all in this photo, he is standing at full height. I love having matching pairs: one normal female dog, one normal female cat, one dwarfed male dog, one dwarfed male cat.

Standing-1857
Cute Theodore. Forgive me for the horrible wrinkled shower curtain and awful lighting!

7 comments:

  1. Great review! I should let Skeeter give this a try :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ommm nom nom I love all foods, even kitties foods!

    Mason

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, Theo is such a cutie! :) What a great review, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Theo is so cute! Gina is so picky about her food, she won't eat anything pate, it has to be chunky and she's narrowed down her selection to 3 brands with a couple flavors each that I have to rotate with each can so she won't get bored. She much prefers my food;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merrick makes great products-we are huge fans =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of a dwarf cat & dog. I love the red collar!
    My WW entry is #95. Come by and vote for us?

    ReplyDelete