Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Training Tuesday: Muzzle Training

So many people asked about the muzzle we posted about last week in our round up of some of our current training equipment, so I decided to make a short video showing my approach to muzzle training in a positive way. If you go through muzzle training correctly, your dog won't fight having the muzzle on, and can safely be muzzled for a huge variety of circumstances.

Muzzle-3701
Chilling in the house with her muzzle on





Muzzle-3700
Wondering why I'm taking her picture


Please feel free to ask questions if something isn't clear, or share your reasons for using or wanting to use a muzzle with your dog.



6 comments:

  1. We have one just in case we need it. Mom was surprised that Bailie and I put it on and wore it with no problem, but we often wear stuff on our heads for photos which might be similar in feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're brilliant! I was just having a muzzle conversation with a friend this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not something I need to use, but grateful for your post for those who have considered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I consider muzzle training essential for every dog. I would encourage you to look into it for your dogs.

      Delete
  4. I love that positive approach! I would think almost any dog would go into a muzzle that's packed with snacks!

    Jean from Welcome to the Menagerie

    ReplyDelete