Sunday, April 30, 2017

April Hiking Goals

April was a bit of a lean month for my hiking/beach goal this year. I did make it to a few new places, and a few old ones as well, though.

First up was in Abbotsford, British Columbia. This was my first ever hike in Canada, and was a lot of fun. We were in the area for a flyball tournament, and there happened to be a great little trail system right across the road from the tournament venue.

Run Free-4405
Flyball tournament venue


Run Free-4381
The park was in the City of Abbotsford, according to this trail map.

We also checked out a new-to-us logging road a couple times for short hikes. The dogs enjoyed it, and I plan on exploring more soon.

Logging Road-4449
Heading off up the logging road

We also made it to the beach once. It was raining lightly, but not too bad, and we spent about two hours combing the beach for agate and fossils. I left my camera at home and didn't get any pictures, though.

And, sadly, that was it for us this past month. We have been busy moving and doing projects around our new place. Between unpacking, building a fence, work (with a much longer drive), and a ton of little projects and things to do, we just didn't get out as much as I would have liked. Hopefully that will change this upcoming month!



No comments:

Post a Comment