Wednesday, April 12, 2017

WW: Hiking in Abbotsford

I will admit that I have never gone to Canada without playing flyball, and have never done anything in Canada except play flyball (unless you count eating dinner with my flyball team or sleeping in a Canadian hotel, or stopping at a Canadian Costco to pick up tylenol). This time, I wanted to do something more. So I talked the two friends I was carpooling with to leave at the crack of dawn on Friday morning in order to arrive in Abbotsford early enough to go for a decent hike.

Run Free-4392
All of these dogs rode in a minivan with three humans on the way to Canada. An additional JRT rode with us on the way home.

The Discovery Trail started at the fairgrounds where our tournament was being held, and it led through some nice open fields down into gorgeous wooded paths.

Run Free-4396
The terriers, and the only two girls

British Columbia is very similar to Oregon and Washington, at least in the southern mainland area. I recognized most of the plants, and the forests felt familiar and much like the forests of home. We only went for a moderate hike of about an hour and a half since we needed to get the car unloaded and check into the hotel, and didn't want to tire out the dogs too much right before the tournament, but I am really glad we made the effort to get up there early.

Run Free-4371
The "littles"


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Makes me miss the Pacific Northwest. I lived in Washington for a few years while young and I still remember how mossy and vibrant everything was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You got some amazing pictures! Taking a hike with the pups is the best way to spend the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How in the heck did you get the one little into the crack in the tree without him squirming out? My dog would have flipped out, but he's not a flyball pro, so...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put her there, helped her balance, and told her to stay. She's pretty well trained to pose!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous photos! Makes me long to go hiking.

    Jean from Welcome to the Menagerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos and great posing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dogs are looking very beautiful together in the Picture, Specially the forest one, it is looking like they are posing for the picture.

    ReplyDelete